Sunday, January 12, 2014

#18 The little bird has flown the coup...

So the last little chicken has flown the coop! This weekend I “handed” my baby over to his new wife.

Ruan you have grown into a fine young man (I must admit that there were times in the past 28 years that I didn’t think you would make it…with all your health problems when you were a little boy, all the accidents, broken bones and naughty things you have done!) But you made it! I am so proud of the man you have become my son.


Your speech at the wedding made me cry more than once. Not because I am a cry baby (because I am not, as you know) but because I realized that you have taken on board those good values and morals that every parent can be proud of! A parent can teach their kids but in the end it is the child that has to live the values and take on board what is taught… I was so proud of you my son! You have chosen well in your choice of a life partner. May you and Chrisna be forever happy and experience the good things and life. When the less good things come along, I am convinced that you will both be able to handle it with grace and get through the tough times...together. Your faith in God and each other will carry you through, of that I have no doubt.

I have no doubt that your new father and mother in law gave their permission for you to marry their daughter knowing that she will be well looked after by a man that will cherish her and love her and appreciate the beautiful, graceful daughter that they have raise. 







I was also so very proud of my other son, Altus. What a fine man you are! Your speech had everyone crying! What made my heart swell with pride is the way in which you captured the good things in everyone you thanked at the wedding! I always knew that you are an “old soul” and wise beyond your years from the day you were born. You once again confirmed that knowledge. Your speech was beautiful and made me so proud of being your mother! Thank you for making me realize that I have done good by both of you! You are a rock...and an example to everyone you come in contact with.


I love you all and  want you to know, as always, I will be there when you need me. I am so proud of you!

Your mother


No comments:

Post a Comment